Become a Member
Become a FVISS member and stay connected! Membership is open to the public, and include invitation to FVISS events, as well as periodic updates about regional invasive species information.
Members agree to support the mission and mandate of the FVISS, which are:
- To raise awareness and educate the public, government agencies, and other land managers about invasive species and their impacts in the area;
- To prevent the further introduction and spread of invasive species in the area through education and awareness, early detection and control, and coordinated integrated invasive species management efforts;
- To promote coordinated and collaborative management of invasive species between agencies and land occupiers;
- To work towards the control/containment of highly invasive non-native species;
- To provide a conduit for information and a source of expertise on invasive species; and,
- To develop and maintain a comprehensive inventory of invasive species within the area of responsibility.